My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://www.motherhoodsupport.com
and update your bookmarks.

Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Wednesday Weekly Check-In: Massage Therapy

This is our Wednesday Weekly Check-In.... making sure you have done something for yourself this week! I have been particularly stressed lately, just feeling like there aren't enough hours in my day, (surely you can relate!), and so my sister forced me to take time out for myself on monday and get a massage!!! Let me tell you, it was amazing!!! Fortunately, for me, my sister is an LMT so she hooks me up! Since I was feeling so relaxed and rejuvenated after my massage, I was thinking that should be our focus for today's post: Massage! Kim and I have been talking about having guest posts from people who specialize in their field so we can bring you the best information possible. Today, we have a guest post from my sister, Sara LMT. (thanks sis!)


No matter what part of life's journey we find ourselves on, there never seems to be enough time in the day or enough days in the week, to get through our many obligations and checklists.  This is especially true for all you moms out there who's work is never done and who's needs always seem to fall last in line.  This issue is something I, and many others in my field, have been fighting an up-hill battle against for some time now.  


I am an LMT, medically trained and licensed by the State of Ohio Medical Board, and though I deal with a large spectrum of medical ailments, my biggest enemy seems to be that of woman's health, specifically mom's.  Some how mothers have become convinced that taking care of themselves is a "luxury", one that is unattainable and sadly thought of as being selfish to even consider!  However, the care needed is not only attainable but affordable and feasible.  This is where I come in.  For many years now, massage therapy has been viewed as a "treat", something used for relaxing on special occasions or as a luxury for the wealthy.  This view is not only terribly false but the misconception of the field does a terrible injustice to woman and men alike.  Massage has not only become more affordable and mainstream than ever, but the health benefits are proving more vast than ever before imagined.  


Massage therapy is just that, a therapeutic treatment for various issues plaguing each and everyone of us.  LMT's can treat injuries and chronic pains (and much much more) as well as give you the tools necessary to help yourself with life's everyday curve-balls.  What was once thought to only be treatable through medication or surgery, is now being proven to be helped with massage therapy.  The medical benefits are invaluable and never-ending, and still amaze me everyday.  Alternative health care is becoming more and more mainstream, giving massage therapy the chance to show the world what it is truly capable of.  The benefits of massage will shock you and I guarantee you will not only find things that it can help you with, but also the great majority of all your loved ones.  For this reason, I have attached several links to some very helpful and informative websites that I promise will not disappoint:




My plea is to all you moms out there, taking care of everyone and everything but yourselves, please take the time your body and mind need not just for your own good, but your families good as well.  Let me, help you!  I believe so strongly in the health benefits and importance of massage in EVERYONE'S life that I am/will accept any/all emails from anyone wanting more information about the who/what/where of it all or who has any questions or concerns regarding massage and their health.  No question is to small and no concern is to trivial, I can promise you I have heard it all before or worse!  Please do not hesitate to contact me at sara_westrich27@yahoo.com.  The benefits of massage are too numerous to ignore.  Come see for yourself and enjoy! 

Best Wishes and Happy Health, 
Sara Westrich, LMT    


I never knew massage was used for things other than relaxation. Boy, was I wrong! Sara is always giving me and my family tips, tricks, and natural remedies we can do to ease our everyday aches and pains. She has also shared with me over the last several years the amazing effects & benefits massage has had on her and her clients. If you have particular ailments that you feel may be helped by massage, please do NOT hesitate to email her. She really would be happy to answer any questions you have. If you are in the Cincinnati area and want a massage, Sara does practice massage out of her home and she will come to you! Trust me, you won't be disappointed! She really is AMAZING...and I am not just saying that because she's my sister :)

Please remember, take care of yourself! What have you done this week for you???

**Don't forget to check our Product Spotlight page for products we have found that make life just a little easier!**
blog comments powered by Disqus